Since most of us are keeping our soical distance and pretty much are staying at home, we still have to continue to push forward, My heart goes out to anyone that may have lost anyone they knew from this virus and anyone that has lost their employment at this trying time. Today’s SELF LOVE SATURDAY post is no different than any other self love Saturday post, I will continue to help motivate, encourage and uplift your spirits by giving you a more positive way to flip this terrible stressful situation that may be causing you to feel depressed and hopeless, there is always light at the end of the tunnel, when you make your way through the darkness.
Instead of driving yourself nuts and stressing yourself out over constantly hearing negative things from the news, we should all use this time wisely and start to refocus on how we can come out of this situation a better person. Turn off the news or anything that is trying to cause fear, chaos and confusion in your life, be AWARE and INFORMED but also start thinking more clearly about becoming more healthier, being more creative and knowledgeable about things you want to do, just start using this time to start something new or finish something you’ve been putting off as we wait this thing out. It takes 21 to 30 days to create or break a habit, what have you been doing.
Here are a few ideas that can help you with your qurantine time to give you some light in this darkness. Come up with your own or share in the comments some of the things you are doing to stay busy or change about your rountine to come out of these uncertain times stronger, wiser, positive and more creative.
- One of the new things I have started in this uncertain time is I started a patio garden. My sisters and I have each decided to grow our own veggies and herbs. This situation has made me even more aware of how much I (like many of us) have to depend on other sources and outlets to supply the things I need, but as we are all coming to find out is those things can stop at any given moment becoming a dangerous situation for us. So learning about growing food especially food that will be better for my health is essential for survival.
- Work on your health, be consistant with exercising, learn Yoga or other forms of relaxing helpful alternative ways to stay in shape. Get out the house and get some sun and try to limit your intake of bad foods that you know are failing your health.
- Research and learn something new to advance your mind and educate yourself. I love learning about different cultures, history, science and entrepreneurship so this is something I do anyway. Something else I’ve been doing here and there is studying and learning french, I’ve always loved the language. I’m also learning about the stock market and investing, I’ve actually invested in one stock so far and it’s doing good. As long as it’s to improve your mindset for the positive it’s a great idea to start learning new things to activate your mind instead of watching or listerning to toxic things everyday all day. Knowledge is power learn something great and master it.
- Come up with your own business ideas, there’s alot of thought that goes into starting a business, but if you have ideas on how you can turn your vision into reality to provide goods and/or service, then use this time to figure out the “how” and do your homework and research what you need to know to manifest your vision, if you have to take an online course, read books, study successful bussiness people, ect. then do it if that’s something you’ve been wanting to do, it is not impossible if you put in the work.
- Create a YouTube channel, Podcast, blog or Instagram stories. This is the pefect time to build on these platforms if you have something to teach, inform, share or just want to be entertaining to people, this is the time to be creative in this area because most people are home and most people go to these platforms for their entertainment if their not on their favorite streaming service. As some of you know I’m on YouTube (I will get better at uploading), I run two lifestyle blog websites and I have a podcast show, so if I can do it, so can you and if you get good feed back and be consistant, it is also a good way to bring in passive income over time.
- This pandemic is effecting the whole world so remember you are not alone. It is very important to take care of your mental help, if you need to talk to someone because of anxiety, panic or fear, please reach out to those you trust to help calm your spirits, if you don’t have those types of people in your life there is online help or text help which I will provide below, or you can leave a comment below or email me and I will do my best to help. If you’re ok with being in the house and mentally are good but you’re just bored, try giving yourself some much needed self care and self love, do a facial, take relaxing baths, listen to relaxing music or tones, ect.. Use this time to treat yourself good.
- Last but definitely not least, in fact before you try anything on this list or your own list be grateful, this pandemic should teach us all that life is fragile and things can escalate negatively very quickly, so we must be grateful for having life to even feel bored, creative, or even be angry at our so called leaders, the point is you are still here. Continue to have faith and believe God is in control of what needs to be done, our job is to spread love, hope, compassion and connect with those that may need a helping hand. Continue to pray and meditate and I will pray for you all out there all over the world. Count your blessings and continue to push through and move foward.
THE NATIONAL SUICIDE LIFELINE: 1-800-273-8255
I hope this list gave you a few ideas, I would’ve listed a few more but I didn’t want this post to be extremely long.
ONE LOVE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE