Our bodies have natural detoxification pathways, but with the increased toxic exposure we face in today’s world, those pathways can become overburdened. Various studies have indicated that healthy bodily detoxification pathways are an integral component of optimal health. Here is a list of some of the benefits you may notice from supporting your detox pathways:
Boost Energy Levels
The sluggish feeling we get during the day can be the result of excess toxins in the body. Removing excess toxins can help to increase energy levels and keep you going strong throughout the day.
Support Digestion and Weight Management
Detoxification can also help with long-term weight management by removing the toxins that are currently interfering with proper metabolic function and helping to set you up with healthy habits.
Diet is an important aspect of detox. By supporting your digestive system through eating a diet of whole foods packed full of the nutrients your body needs, you will help to reduce inflammation that contributes to a host of problems.
Promote Healthy Skin
Diet and environmental toxins undeniably affect the skin. By supporting the body in the removal of free radicals, heavy metals, and other toxins, you will help to improve the appearance of your skin.
Strengthen Your Immune System
After your detoxification, your body will have better digestive and lymphatic function. Both of these are key to a strong and balanced immune system.
Toxins and free radicals that accumulate in the body can also affect brain function. By removing the accumulations interfering with your mental and emotional state, you will open yourself up to better sleep, clear thought, and positive energy.
If you believe you could benefit from detoxification, talk to your trusted healthcare professional about testing options and the best plan for you.
How does detoxification work?
Detoxification means cleansing the blood. This is done by removing impurities from the blood in the liver, where toxins are processed for elimination. The body also eliminates toxins through the kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymphatic system, and skin.
Why is detoxing your body Important?
TOP 10 WAYS TO HELP YOUR BODY DETOXIFY
After a detoxification program, you can cleanse your body daily with these diet supplements and lifestyle practices:
- Eat plenty of fiber, including brown rice and organically grown fresh fruits and vegetables. Beets, radishes, artichokes, cabbage, broccoli, spirulina, chlorella, and seaweed are excellent detoxifying foods.
- Cleanse and protect the liver by taking herbs such as dandelion root, burdock, and milk thistle, and drinking green tea.
- Take vitamin C, which helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins.
- Drink at least two quarts of water a day.
- Breathe deeply to allow oxygen to circulate more completely through your system.
- Transform stress by emphasizing positive emotions.
- Practice hydrotherapy by taking a very hot shower for five minutes, allowing the water to run on your back. Follow with cold water for 30 seconds. Do this three times, and then get into bed for 30 minutes.
- Sweat in a sauna so your body can eliminate waste through perspiration.
- Dry-brush your skin or try detox foot spas/foot baths to remove toxins through your pores. Special brushes are available at natural products stores.
- Exercise, Yoga or jump-roping are good. One hour every day.
Consult your doctor before using any health treatment, including herbal supplements and natural remedies, and tell your doctor if you have a serious medical condition or are taking any medications. The information presented here is for educational purposes only and is in no way intended as substitute for medical counseling.