We all can use a little time to ourselves to relax, let loose and enjoy life. It’s kinda hard to relieve some of the stresses we endure during our daily lives, but I believe it is very important to take the necessary time out to do something that can relieve you from the stresses of your life. I wanted to share a few affordable ways that you can relax yourself and begin to free yourself from some of the worry, stress, and fast pace of your daily life. If you partake in any of the following please let me know below or if you can add to the list share some of the positive things that you do to help you relax (keep it PG folks).
IN NO PARTICULAR ODER…
- MEDITATE/PRAY– I for one can say that both meditation and prayer has helped me to keep my peace of mind and helps me find clarity with any situation that maybe upsetting me or causing me some form of stress. Find a quiet place to sit or lay down close your eyes clear your mind and reflect on all the positive things that you already have and that you are grateful for
- GET CREATIVE- There are many things you can do to show how creative you can be and these things can be great stress relievers because it’s you expressing yourself in ways that makes you happy. Anything positive that you are talented and creative in can help you take your mind off of the stress in your life, here’s a few that comes to mind.. Write in a journal, Do some crafts/ D.I.Y, Take a painting class or even get a coloring book, Develop a green thumb and grow your own garden, plant some flowers and veggies, Design your own clothes
- EXERCISE- Exercising is a great way to help relieve some of the stresses you may be having, even when your workout may feel hard and challenging. Your body is thanking you and in a weird way is relieving the stress away by releasing Endorphins. These natural peptide chemicals produced in your body interact with receptors in your brain to help you feel focused, less impacted by pain and put you in a better mood. Try some Yoga, Stretches, or just walk everyday to release some Endorphins. There are other things you can do to release Endorphins as adults besides exercise, but I will let you research more on your own.
- AROMATHERAPY– Take a minute to smell the beauty around you. Aromatherapy is the practice of using the natural oils extracted from flowers, bark, stems, leaves, roots or other parts of a plant to enhance psychological and physical well-being. The inhaled aroma from these “essential” oils is widely believed to stimulate brain function. Essential oils can also be absorbed through the skin, where they travel through the bloodstream and can promote whole-body healing. A form of alternative medicine, aromatherapy is gaining momentum. It is used for a variety of applications, including pain relief, mood enhancement and increased cognitive function.
- FORMS OF ENTERTAINMENT– This is another one of my favorite forms of relaxation. Entertainment can come in many forms as well and it can be another outlet to express yourself, but the main point is to get some comfort out of it. Here are a few forms of entertainment that can take your mind off things and in some cases it can help you to realize a talent you may have… listen to or write your own music, Laugh and watch comedy shows, Go out dancing or take dance lessons, Partake in a nice meal or learn how to cook and enjoy good food, Enjoy art galleries, Read or write a good book
- SOCIALIZE- Sometimes it’s great to be around good like-minded people to take your mind of your day or troubles. Have a girl day with your closest girlfriends or hang out with your buddies if you are a guy, talk or vent to get things out and off your mind to them and get some feedback and advice. You can go to the spa, movies, dinner or lounge and have fun with your friends. You can also socialize by going out to places to network and meet new people and experience different things and have different conversations to expand your mind on your own situations. Being around positive people can help motivate and encourage you
- TAKE A MINI VACATION OR STAYCATION- I know I wrote that this list of ways to relax are affordable and a vacation can sound pricey but there are exceptions to this and there are affordable ways to take a mini vacation and get some relaxation time in. It’s all about planning and timing out when you are able to do this. You can also plan a mini “staycation”, where you can stay in your own city, state or town and find different things to do to help you take a break from work or whatever that may be causing you to feel uneasy
- TAKE A LONG HOT BATH- This is a great way to help calm your nerves, soothe your muscles and help you to relax. Get you a good book, listen to some soft sounding music or nature sounds, fill your bath with scented oils (Aromatherapy),bubbles, you can burn some candles and just lay back and relax
- CLEAN UP- Yes I know you are probably saying “Drea, what are you talking about cleaning isn’t fun or relaxing” but actually it can be. When you have a messy home you are creating on the outside what you are really feeling on the inside chaos, confusion and stress. When you have a clean space you are taking actions to relieve some of the mess going on in your life as well as in your home, having a tidy place gives you the comfort setting you need to think clearly and relax
- GET SOME SLEEP- Simple right? Well for some of us not quite, especially if you are like me and have an on going creative mind or in general if you are someone dealing with a lot that is on your mind good or bad, sleep is the last thing you want to do. But I’ve learned and still learning that sleep is the most important thing you can do for your body and soul to survive anything that is effecting you especially in a negative way. Sleep is something that naturally has to happen to shut you down to reboot you for the next day or for the next task in your life. If you keep running off of little to no sleep you will eventually crash and that can be very bad for you, your body and your mental state. So to take a step away from all that’s going on causing stress on you maybe you just need to sleep, whether it’s a nap or a full 8 hours at night, you need to get some rest so you can rejuvenate and function smoothly so you can figure out your next steps to tackle your daily life
I hope this list helped a little, just allow yourself to take a break from everything that is going on and relax so that you are able to live life in a more peaceful manner.
ONE LOVE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE ❤