HELLO WORLD, TODAY IS A BEAUTIFUL DAY EVEN AS IT RAINS HERE IN NYC, IT’S STILL A BEAUTIFUL DAY. WHY? YOU MAY ASK, WELL BECAUSE I’M GRATEFUL I’M LIVING, BREATHING, HEALTHY, I HAVE ANOTHER DAY TO GET IT RIGHT AND ANOTHER DAY TO GIVE SOMEONE OUT THERE THE MOTIVATION AND ENCOURAGEMENT THEY NEED TO BE GRATEFUL AND LIVE LIFE BECAUSE WE ALL ARE WORTHY. SO WITH THAT BEING SAID LET’S GET ON TO TODAY’S BLOG POST.
Many people have asked me “Drea how do you stay so hopeful or how do you always seem to turn a negative into a positive”. Well the answer to both question is I HAVE A STRONG FAITH BUILDING SYSTEM, I remain hopeful because I believe in a high power that knows all and sees all, so why should I go against that which is greater than me and dwell in bad times and situations. I’ve learned through time that dwelling in misery does nothing but bring on more misery, including the people that love to be in this state of mind so they enjoy it when you’re miserable like them, nobody in their right mind wants this type of life. So the changing of my thinking began to change my perception on negativity and why it was around and what I can do within my control to change it. I cover this topic in more detail in my book, so don’t hesitate to pick up your copy of A Reason To Live: How To Get Through Difficult Times, so you can have on hand how to move your life into a better and positive future.
In the mean time here are my ways on how I remain hopeful even in negative situations. My list is slightly longer but I narrowed it down to the 5 most important ones that keep me going.
- FORGIVENESS– I had to forgive myself for the things that may have went wrong in my life, for all the should have, could have and would have moments I felt I lost and understand if it was meant, it would’ve been. I had to also learn to forgive others so that I can move on from what was holding me back not for them but for me.
- SURRENDER– I had to learn, and I’m still learning how to stop trying to control everything and everyone in my life and to realize that the only one I can control is me. I had to let go and surrender the things that were to big for me to handle and have faith that everything else will work out as it’s suppose to.
- ACCEPT YOURSELF– Sometimes we can get caught up with other people thoughts and opinions of us, and for some people it can create this false sense of self and have them trying to be someone they’re really not pleasing people that really don’t matter. Accept who you are because you are enough and you’re important, when you do this other people’s thoughts and opinion wouldn’t matter that much because you know what’s best for you.
- PRAYER/MEDITATION– For me this is a very important practice to have because it allows me to release spiritually all my negative energy and the things I can’t control. I believe in the most high God and I have faith in his will for my life.
- GRATITUDE– Showing gratitude for the things that you have and are able to do is one of the best ways to continue to see positive changes and growth. It’s knowing things can be worse but are not. Be grateful for the many things that you have overcame and for the wisdom to continue to do better. Allow yourself to take in and appreciate all your many blessings great and small. You will be reward in many different ways with so much more if you are grateful for what you already have and for what you can do.